Monday, September 13, 2004

Semi-productive weekend

Can't blame any one thing, but the weekend dint pan out quite as expected. But it was quite interesting. I spent over 16 hours sitting in my office trying to work on my essays but kept getting distracted. I spoke with a couple of my fellow applicants for almost half the time, and was left completely impressed with their candidacy. It is like everyone out there has something special, some unique and a track record of success. Makes me feel very humble and keen as mustard thinking about spending 2 years at school and a lifetime of friendship with these people. I am hoping that we can continue these bonds of friendship we have forged through this difficult times as an applicant through school and beyond.

I did get around to making a schedule for the remaining time till my applications are due. So in pursuit of that, I am scheduled to finish my Kellogg drafts by tomorrow, (only one big essay and a couple of smaller essays to go). I am pretty happy with my Kellogg drafts. A lot more than I was with my Wharton drafts. I guess having written a few essays helped me gather my thoughts that much faster.

Another interesting thing that happened over the weekend was my discussion with Swoop. We were hashing out different schools that we were applying too, and trying to understand each other's choices better, when we realized that both of us were trying to sell each other a school the other hadn't planned to apply too. In my case, I was selling Chicago to Swoop, and he was rooting for Stanford. :) So it might just be that I end up applying to Stanford, in R2, and if by some quirk of fate I get in, you know who to thank for that. :)

I am planning to attend the world MBA tour tomorrow, but after reading completely contrasting opinions posted by PowerYogi and Dave, to the events as they occurred in NY and LA, I am in two minds. I don't really have the time to spend gallivanting around SFO in all the traffic, but don't want to miss out on a good thing. I am also attending the Kellogg seminar on Wednesday, which makes it doubly important for the world MBA tour to be really worth it for me to attend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home